Uganda Youth Skills Training Organization is an organization committed to developing youth through Sustainable skills training.and At UYSTO, we believe you can. Therefore, we do.
UYSTO has been founded 10 years ago on these principles and continuously promotes an ethos of social change starting at a very young age in school, and outside school.
In accordance with the national need of vocational training for economic development, and the way it has been seen by society in the past few years, our aim is to inform, educate and train youth in Uganda. We aim at facilitating a belief that vocational training will offer youth the chance to secure jobs faster, to be self-reliant, establish their own business and in turn, commit to a more systemised change in Uganda, starting from youth who believe, who can, and who do.
Through our projects and partnerships, we are addressing some of the current challenges within the sustainable development goals,such as:
– Eradicating Extreme Poverty
– Promote Gender Equality and empower women
– Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
– Ensure Environmental Sustainability
At the core of our thematic areas of interventions, it is a partnership for sustainable development, which is based on 3 directions
1. Creating an infrastructure of vocational training within the Ugandan Educational system.
2. Facilitating access to vocational training by providing training to youth in and out of school.
3. Increasing international awareness and collaborating with companies and organizations that socially and economically want to invest, improve and empower young’s peoples and women lives for attaining sustainable development in Uganda
Vision: To accelerate, transform and stimulate a broad based economic developed nation where youth and women communities enjoy well conserved environment, basic quality hands on skills, self-reliance job creation opportunities, reduced poverty and increased employment opportunities.
Mission: UYSTO seeks to contribute to the improvement of young people’s, youth’s and women lives through school, community-based education and other innovative ventures for sustainable development
Uganda Youth Skills Training Organisation.150 meters off Kasubi tombs street, behind kasubi St Andrews Church of Uganda +256 776 830887