The project aims at stimulating capacity-building of young aspiring entrepreneurs and youth CSOs for usage of apps coding and ICT as vital skills for youth’s employability as well as strengthening community resilience.
Youths between 18-30 years of age and youth workers will develop sustainable innovative business mobile solutions to the persisting community challenges, there will be local national training camps for 2 days in each and every consortium member organization in the participating countries. From the training, only two best participants will travel to Ohrid, North Macedonia to show case their same business apps presented locally in the national camps.
UYSTO is inviting youth with knowledge in apps coding and ICT that can solve community challenges to participate in Youth Mobile Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Future Challenge (mPreneur). This project is part of our ICT, Computer training and Career Development program at Uganda Youth Skills Training Organization (UYSTO) which aims at empowering youths through modern technology innovations.
UYSTO has partnered with other development agencies in 3 continents (Asia, Europe and Africa) to implement mPrenuer under the theme “Youth Mobile Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Future” mPrenuer seeks to empower youth to develop sustainable solutions to the persisting community challenges; empower youth workers and youth CSOs to innovate youth work, promote global and regional actions to raise awareness of, and recognize the youth work in SME – social mobile entrepreneurship field for youths empowerment and employability.
The project is co-funded by the European Commission and the Erasmus + program as a build-up of mYouth1.0 implemented in 2016 and mYouth2.0 implemented in 2019. mPrenuer intends to expand beyond the achievements during the 1st and 2nd editions where 15 and 16 mobile apps respectively were developed and participated in the continental competitions and the European Youth Award (World Youth Summit Awards). However, this is the first time for UYSTO to join the consortium for Ugandans to benefit from this 3rd edition of the project.
mPrenuer is a partnership project run by partner development agencies in their respective countries. UYSTO representing Uganda in this edition of the project. Other partners in the project are Austria (ICNM)International Center for New Media& (WSA) World Summit Awards and ICT for Development (ICT4D.at), Uganda (Uganda Youth Skills Training Organization https://skillsforyouths.org/ ), Philippines (BTG Philippines), Romania (CERT), Singapore (Sustainable Living lab), Macedonia (PORAKA NOVA ), Tanzania (Cube) – Center for Entrepreneurs and Innovators Zanzibar) and EmpServe Kenya, https://empserve.org/
• The 2 winning participants from the national camps will secure a fully funded trip for 8-days business training in the Social mPreneur School in Ohrid, North Macedonia hosted, by Poraka Nova partner organization.
• Opportunity to win a fully funded trip to the World Summit Award in Graz, Austria, for the international gala event bringing together potential investors, and tech experts from around the world.
• There will be an opportunity to connect with global mentors and experts in the tech field during the training (mLearning, Techpreneurship, and Sustainable Impact-making for young aspiring entrepreneurs)
• Promotion of their mobile solutions – on various platforms, including the mPreneur online channels.
• Opportunity to showcase innovation – The project has very high visibility both locally and internationally;
• Networking and experience exchange with youth workers from 9 countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
• Be featured in the online book of inspiration on mPreneur sustainability toolkit: empowering Youngsters and Youth Workers on Social Mobile Entrepreneurship.
• Certificate of participation for the National Camps as well as for the Intercontinental camp in Macedonia (for the winners)
• Sustainable mentorship, support and progress follow up from UYSTO ICT, Computer training and Career Development program as well as its network.
• All activities and international travels to European camps, are fully funded.
All those youths, youth worker’s, stakeholders and business community between the ages of 18-30 and believe that have the skills, knowledge and expertise in basic or advance coding skills, digital literacy, and interested in developing entrepreneurial attitude, are eligible and encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
• Applicants must be with a valid national ID and a passport.
• The applicants need to have already made a mobile application (Beta version, pre-launch version, or for instance already uploaded on App Store, Google Play or other platforms accessible by the users) Or If not already launched, the applicant need to demonstrate readiness to launch the mobile platform on or before October 2022
• Mobile solutions need to demonstrate clear social impact.
• Applicants need to demonstrate plans to scale up the social impact of the tech application in terms of reach and influence.
• Applicants need to demonstrate sustainability of the tech application and capacity to generate income.
• Female proprietors are highly encouraged to apply.
All applicants must carefully read the application guidelines for selection criteria and to research social impact/social businesses in regards to mobile solution, so as to clarify their business models. Information provided in relation to your innovation must be clear and precise. All questions on the application form are answered to their fullness. Download the application form ……….
Uganda Youth Skills Training Organisation.150 meters off Kasubi tombs street, behind kasubi St Andrews Church of Uganda +256 776 830887